The rear view mirrors for bicycles are indispensable accessories when you are going to pedal on the road and they are also very useful on cycle paths.
Having controlled at all times the vehicles with which you share the road is essential to avoid accidents.
We will not tire of repeating it. Enjoying the bike is fantastic, but your safety is always the most important. Do you want to do everything in your power to guarantee it? We help you.
If you practice cycling on the road or in urban areas, you will need to buy a rear-view mirror for a bicycle. The cyclist is always the weakest element among all the vehicles that circulate on the road and that is why it is so important to see and be seen at all times.
Just as it is inconceivable to imagine a car or a motorcycle circulating on the road without rear-view mirrors, the same thing should happen with bicycles. Buying the mirror forleft bike is something that in our view is essential, although not mandatory. Unfortunately, there are still some cyclists who do not wear it and who put their safety at risk.
Buy Rear View Mirrors for Bicycles: Types
When buying rear-view mirrors for bicycles you will find basically two types on the market: the mirrors for handlebars and the mirrors for helmets. Some rearview mirrors can also be placed on the fork.
Rear View Mirrors for Handlebars
They are the most used. They fit into the left handlebar, near the end, to provide an optimal viewing angle.
You can buy mirrors for bicycle handlebars with short arms or rods. The advantage of the short arm is that they vibrate much less. One of the main handicaps that have the use of mirrors on the bike is precise that the vibration that occurs makes it difficult to keep them in place, which hinders optimal vision.
To a short-arm handlebar mirror, you should ask it to be easy to fit and versatile, in the sense that it can be adjusted in height and angle to adapt it to your characteristics and those of your bicycle.
The long arm handlebar mirrors have the advantage that they are more adjustable, but the disadvantage is that they vibrate more en route.
Some long-arm rearview mirrors can be placed on the handlebar or on the fork.
You also have to bear in mind that there are mirrors of different shapes and sizes to adapt to different types of handlebars. For example, in the straighter handlebars, rectangular or large oval rear mirrors work better, while narrower elongated mirrors will work better in curved ones.
Rearview Mirrors for Helmet
The mirrors helmet may seem more cumbersome and uncomfortable, but once you get used to them, are quite practical. One of its great advantages is that they vibrate much less than the handlebars and that they are always in place. Being able to control or vary the angle of vision with the movements of your head is a plus.
You have to keep in mind that not all helmets are compatible with this type of rear-view mirror.
A rearview mirror helmet you should ask that fits snugly and does not move or shake. Otherwise, it could interfere with your vision.
Buy Mirrors for Bicycle Handlebars
When you go to buy bicycle handlebar mirrors you have to consider several things:
- The type of anchor: Make sure it is compatible with the handlebar of your bicycle and that it is safe and firm. Relying on reference brands, such as Zefal, is a safe bet.
- The form: You can buy mirrors for oval, square and rectangular handlebars more or less narrow.
- The maneuverability: It is important to choose a rearview mirror for handlebars that you can adjust to adapt to your height and your bike. But at the same time be firm once regulated, so that it does not move en route and so that it vibrates as little as possible.
Buy Rear-View Mirror for Bike: Mirrors for Helmet
If you are going to buy a mirror for a bike that is placed on the helmet, you should take into account the following:
- Small and light: It is essential that the rearview mirror for the helmet is really comfortable to wear. It is not necessary to have a large size since you will always wear it close to the eyes. In addition, you must weigh little to not bother you.
- With maneuverable rod: The rod of the mirror for the helmet must be able to be handled at your whim to place the mirror exactly in the right place without moving afterward. This is essential because if you change your position in the middle of the road, it could interfere with your vision and cause an accident.
- Adaptable to your helmet: It is important that before buying a mirror for a helmet bike you make sure it is compatible with the one you have or the one you are going to buy.